How To Teach Toddlers Self Writing

 toddler-writing-letters_1600Every step in toddler's life is a giant leap towards self reliance. The toddlers go through an array of emotions from excitement to fear to anxiety. It is quite natural to feel this way.

On one hand self reliance is good and ensures their independence more. While On other hand the little angels are afraid to let go of your gentle arms. They want to stay a little longer but that cannot be the case.

The transition should be made smooth for the innocent souls so they are happy about it and not anxious to get it done.

My elder son is 5 years old and he can write himself. I was quite anxious that how my 4 year old, who still acts like a baby, would learn to write himself. The thought of teaching him made me tense. I was afraid that how I would achieve it.

I feel this is a crucial moment in Talal's life. It's a big step towards self independence. He is afraid of writing himself as he is used to of holding my hand while tracing the patterns. A hack came to my mind to help myself and Talal to make self writing easy and fun.

How-To-Teach-Your-Toddler-To-Write-The-AlphabetI wrote a letter on blackboard and asked him to trace it with his finger and then write on the shadow of the letter left from his finger. The experiment was successful and he got on with it. He still asks me to hold his hand sometimes and I oblige so that he doesn't feel that he lost something suddenly.

As I said, I want to make it smooth for him so I play along with him. After 2 to three times tracing it with him, I ask him to do it himself. He can write a lot of letters now using this technique. Then I moved on to number writing and he has achieved this milestone as well.

Now I can surely say that with the success of this exercise you can teach your toddler to write herself. I felt quite proud of myself that this technique came to my mind and I was able to help him achieve this landmark. I feel so happy when he writes a letter and shows me.

How did you help your child learn writing. Please share your tips in the comments.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SALAHUDDIN AL-AYUBI (The Liberator Of Jerusalem) -I

REASON OF EXISTENCE

A Person Disenthralled from Fear