How To Break Writing Ice

 writingI started getting a lot of notifications of related articles ever since I took content writing/Freelancing course. I used to open all of them and read what they have got to say.

I got tired.

There is so much advice on writing great blog posts on internet that one feels intimidated by the task. The simple writing becomes ominous because of the constant barge of Google's smart notifications on: How to start earning six figures; how this freelancer started getting more clients; etc.. It just wears you down. You are afraid of looking at the blank screen. Instead of that advice helping you to get started, it hinders you from writing at all.

How to avoid that intimidation?

I wanted to write without being burdened by constant guidelines on internet. I decided to shut off all the pings I was getting from Google and other sources and stared at blank screen.

What I really wanted?

I want to put my unique voice out there. The voice that will make the difference in the world.

There are so many topics to explore. There are many fields which you are not expert at and then there are some mundane things at which you are a pro. So what I suggest and what I did is I simply started writing about what I do and what is true to myself without getting into technical stuff, without getting into its expert advice. Writing about my experiences and about the things which will help people to add value to their lives. Helping them to get to know life more closely.

writing quoteIt really helped me. I plan to continue doing it as a beginner until I have my portfolio. I hope this advice doesn't burden you. I hope it helps you to get started. Link to your own self is more important than being expert, or writing about the thing which doesn't come from within you. It sounds artificial even to the reader however expert advice you have, however technical stuff you put out in the world but if it's not coming from within you, from your core, you cannot help the Reader to achieve the target which was the reason of them to read your article.

Start small.

Give yourself achievable targets.

Consistency is the key to writing.

writing2The more you write, the more you gain experience. It comes slow. But it will last longer. Your posts will not be a burst of an inspiration but a steady flow of hard work which will get you very far on the writing road.

Don't look at people who are earning in six figures. You will get demotivated. It took them years to reach to that point. Give yourself time to grow and one day you will also be there. But until then, keep doing your thing.

In the meantime, learn/polish your skills. Take criticism with open mind and evaluate your pieces. Have somebody who can give you constructive feedback.

Invest in yourself. This investment will be your revenue one day.

You will connect to your readers. Which is your aim, right?

Ooops, did this post turn into advisory content?

Ciao!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SALAHUDDIN AL-AYUBI (The Liberator Of Jerusalem) -I

REASON OF EXISTENCE

A Person Disenthralled from Fear